Marine Corps Women's Reserve was established in February
1943 with Colonel Ruth Cheney Streeter first Director. Captain
Anne Lentz was the first commissioned officer and Private
Lucille McClarren first enlisted woman. The first detachment
of women marines arrives in Hawaii for duty in 1945.
logo above was created in 1960 with the formation of the
Association which is still in existance today.