Union was initially established as a distribution
company for Pathe
in 1910. In 1912, Union established their offices at 167-169 Wardour Street
in Westminster. Union set up production facilities in a skating rink in
Haringey that was called Alexandra Palace.
Union released their films under the name
Ben Films (click for films produced listed in our archive)
Because of the outbreak of the war, the
government confiscated their production facilities in 1915. In early 1916
Union moved their offices to 27 Basinghall Street to try to maintain distribution.
Then moving across the street to 24 Basinghall Street in 1917 where they
remained until the company was dissolved in 1925.
Back to Distributors